Hemp seeds, as you may know, are said to be one of the highest plant sources of protein, including all 10 essential amino acids, and the omega fatty acids 3, 6 & 9 that our bodies thrive on for brain health and cellular integrity!
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR HEMP MILK:
- Water: 1 Quart of the Best Water you can get (spring water, distilled water, purified water, etc.) or you can go with coconut water (see below for more details).
- Hemp Seeds: 1/2 heaping cup of raw hulled hemp seeds (raw and organic, although the conventional seeds are also a very clean and non-toxic source)
- Salt: 1-2 teaspoons of the best salt you can get (Celtic, Himalayan, Hawaiian, etc)
- Sweetener - depending on your body and preferences you can choose whole food sweeteners such as dates, or you can go with a low glycemic non sugar based sweetener such as Stevia Leaf (or extracts made from the plant). If you are using dates, 2-3 dates should be fine. Another great way to sweeten your hemp milk is with coconut water! Use this in place of the water!
- Best prepared with a high powered blender such as a VitaMix or BlendTec Blender
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- If you want you can also strain the small particulates for a smoother drink.
- If you want a really creamy and thick milk you can add tocotrienols or a little bit of coconut meat to thicken it up!
Chill and Enjoy!