Hemp seeds, as you may know, are said to be one of the highest plant sources of protein, including all 10 essential amino acids, and the omega fatty acids 3, 6 & 9 that our bodies thrive on for brain health and cellular integrity!
There are four main ingredients and you can choose which 4 you want to integrate depending on your preference.
Once you have the four base ingredients you can customize your hemp milk by adding other flavors or changing the ratios to suit your liking.
MAIN INGREDIENTS FOR HEMP MILK:
- Water: 1 Quart of the Best Water you can get (spring water, distilled water, purified water, etc.) or you can go with coconut water (see below for more details).
- Hemp Seeds: 1/2 heaping cup of raw hulled hemp seeds (raw and organic, although the conventional seeds are also a very clean and non-toxic source)
- Salt: 1-2 teaspoons of the best salt you can get (Celtic, Himalayan, Hawaiian, etc)
- Sweetener - depending on your body and preferences you can choose whole food sweeteners such as dates, or you can go with a low glycemic non sugar based sweetener such as Stevia Leaf (or extracts made from the plant).
If you are using dates, 2-3 dates should be fine. Another great way to sweeten your hemp milk is with coconut water! Use this in place of the water!
- Best prepared with a high powered blender such as a VitaMix or BlendTec Blender
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- If you want you can also strain the small particulates for a smoother drink.
- If you want a really creamy and thick milk you can add tocotrienols or a little bit of coconut meat to thicken it up!
Chill and Enjoy!